THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW HEALTH INFORMATION ABOUT OUR CLIENT CUSTOMERS, WHICH IS PROTECTED UNDER THE HIPAA PRIVACY & SECURITY RULE, MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND WHO CAN HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FORM CAREFULLY.
THIS NOTICE GIVES YOU INFORMATION REQUIRED BY LAW
about the duties and privacy practices of L&S to protect the privacy of medical information for our client customers. We receive and maintain protected health information in the course of providing service to our clients and are required to comply with HIPAA law.
THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THIS NOTICE IS October 1st, 2012.
We will follow the terms of this notice until it is replaced. If we make changes to this notice, we will revise it and send a new notice to all employees at that time. We reserve the right to make the new changes apply to all protected health information maintained before or after the effective date of the new notice.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE MAY USE OF DISCLOSE PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION WITHOUT CONSENT OR AUTHORIZATION.
We may use and disclose protected health information for the following purposes:
- Payment. We may gather, disclose and transmit protected health information to facilitate client processing of payment of claims.
- Health Care Operations. We may disclose medication information to pre-determined business associates for our client.
- As Required by Law. We must allow the US Department of Health and Human Services to audit our processes as requested. We may disclose medical information as authorized by and to the extent necessary to comply with HIPAA requirements.
- Sale of Business. In the event that the company is sold or merged with organization, protected health information will become property of the owner.
- Legal Proceedings. We will comply with legal proceedings upon court or administrative order or subpoena.
- Regulatory. We will comply with requests from governmental agencies authorized to oversee the health care system or government programs.
- Federal Requests. We will comply with requests from federal officials for lawful intelligence, counterintelligence or other national security purposes.
If a client (or client customer) believes that privacy rights have been violated, they have the right to complain to the L&S Privacy Officer or the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Lawrence & Schiller TeleServices Contact Information
To request additional copies of this notice or to receive more information about privacy practices, please contact the L&S Privacy Officer.
Privacy Officer Contact Information
3817 S. Elmwood Avenue, Sioux Falls, SD 57105
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Contact Information
Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
200 Independence Avenue S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201